- Are you someone who has always wanted to learn guitar, but never got around to it?
- Have you been playing a while, but feel frustrated with your progress?
- Sick of trying to teach yourself and getting nowhere?
If you are looking for high quality guitar lessons in Melbourne, then I will be able to help you. No matter what your skill level is, I’ll offer a FREE introductory lesson so we can work out what your challenges are, and so you can make sure I am the right teacher for you.
I know what it’s like to feel frustrated when learning to play the guitar, but with the right teacher who provides encouragement, support and guidance, you’ll find it a lot easier to overcome all those challenges.
Benefits Of Your Guitar Lessons With Me
1. A FREE introductory guitar lesson where we can assess your strengths, weaknesses and goals and form a plan on how to overcome these obstacles. Most teachers expect you to pay for lessons before they know any of this!
2. You will be getting guitar lessons from a teacher who actually tracks your progress, and knows your strengths and weakness instead of a teacher who doesn’t pay attention to your progress.
3. You will learn the right things at the right time and in the right way. Most teachers don’t know how to do this, and will either give you items that are far too hard, or too simple.
4. You will learn to play the guitar faster than trying to learn on your own.
5. You will learn how to practice effectively and efficiently to gain great results in a short space of time. Practice skills is rarely taught by guitar teachers.
6. You will get instant feed back on your playing in lessons so that you know that you do something right or are doing something wrong that you wouldn’t be aware of yourself.
7. You will learn skills that are relevant to your musical goals.
8. You will gain motivation and inspiration to become the guitarist you have always wanted to become.
9. You will understand how music works and how it can influence people’s emotions.
10. You will improve your musicality and your ear for music.
11. You will have a lot of fun and gain a big sense of satisfaction during the process of learning and making music.
What you get with most teachers
What you get with me
|How do you know if you are able to help me?||Most teachers will say they can help you, ask you a few basic questions about your guitar skills, and make you pay for the first lesson. If they can’t help you, you are out of pocket for the cost of the lesson.||I will arrange a FREE introductory guitar lesson, where we will assess your current skill level, challenges, goals, and interests. I will then use this information to plan your next lessons. If you are a beginner, we can jump right into the lesson. If I can’t help you, I will be upfront about it, and you won’t be out of pocket!|
|How will you be able to track my progress and know what we should be working on from week to week?||Most teachers do not keep a record of what you do in each lesson, and usually forget what you have been working on each week!||I keep a record of which materials you have completed and which ones you are still working on. I also make notes of your progress to help plan for future lessons.
|How will you help me when I have problems or become frustrated?||In most guitar lessons, teachers tend to try and provide new “stuff” to do each week even if you aren’t ready for it. This is what leads to overwhelm and frustration.||I will train you in how to specifically practice new content, then we will go over how to actually apply it in a musical context, and integrate it with other skills. This will cause less frustration, and more overall enjoyment of music.|
|How are your lessons structured?||Normal guitar lessons come in two main types. The first is a cookie-cutter approach that completely ignores your individual skills, challenges, and interests. The other is where the teacher just makes it up as they go. Usually a lot of time is wasted in the lesson as the teacher hand-writes the material out for you.||I plan your lessons out in advance, so I already know what we will be covering before you even arrive. This is based on what your interests are, as well as what areas we need to improve.
All the materials we use are already prepared, and will be printed out for you, and you will also get backing tracks to practice with in your very own account that you can access through my website.
|How can you prove that you can provide results?||Most teachers (even the really good ones) have a hard time of actually proving this.||Check out my student testimonials on this page, and see what they have to say.
Make Learning Guitar Easy
I am confident that I can help you learn to play guitar the way you always wanted, and help you overcome and challenges you might already be facing. I am offering your first guitar lesson FREE.
To get started, fill out the form below and tell me a bit about how I can help you.
Melbourne School of Guitar is proudly teaching students from these suburbs and more:
Ascot Vale, Brunswick, Carlton, Coburg, Collingwood, Essendon, Fawkner, Fitzroy, Melbourne CBD, Moonee Ponds, Northcote, Parkville, Pascoe Vale, Preston, Reservoir, Thornbury
If you’re looking for a guitar teacher, but aren’t in or around Melbourne, click here